Sports Injury Treatment with our St. Paul Chiropractor Team
Dr. Allie and Dr. Hagstrom are proud to be a St. Paul chiropractor duo who have been "a part of the team" for thousands of local athletes. It doesn't matter if you're an elite competitor or just starting out—a sports injury can occur at any time. At the Allie Chiropractic Clinic, we're proud to educate our active patients on how to naturally recover from and ultimately prevent acute and chronic pain conditions related to their sport of choice.
Common Types of Sports Injury
- Shoulder injuries: this includes rotator cuff strains, impingement syndrome, and biceps tendonitis (all associated with inflammation, tenderness, pain, decreased range of motion, and other symptoms)
- Other types of soft tissue injuries: we often see connective tissue dysfunction like medial or lateral epicondylitis (golfer's elbow and tennis elbow), plantar fasciitis, shin splints, Achilles tendonitis, bursitis, runner's knee, and iliotibial band syndrome, to name a few
- Back pain, neck pain, and joint pain: this can be chronic and related to wearing down of inner joint surfaces or spinal discs; or can be caused by acute issues such as whiplash or disc herniation
The above injuries can occur due to a variety of factors. Often a sports injury comes about as a result of an acute accident, such as a collision or fall. An injury may also develop over time due to poor recovery, poor nutrition, repetitive movement, over-training, under-training (doing too much too soon), poor technique, imbalanced posture, and ill-fitting equipment.
Common Chiropractic Techniques for Athletes
Chiropractic care is a fantastic holistic resource for athletes. We implement services such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments, to trigger whole body pain relief and improve the alignment of the spine (essential, since your core is involved in virtually any type of physical activity you do)
- Corrective exercises, to restore strength, stabilization/coordination, and range of motion
- Nutritional counseling, to enhance muscle growth, tissue healing, and lean body mass
- Lifestyle counseling, to help you improve sleep, recovery, stress management, and daily posture
Chiropractic care can also help athletes before they get injured. Our St. Paul chiropractor team addresses hidden weakness, inflexibility, joint misalignments, and lifestyle issues which may be increasing a person's risk of injury. By addressing and resolving these issues, a person may be able to avoid injury and maximize their physical performance, as well.
Stuck With a Sports Injury? Return to Sports with Help from The Team at Allie Chiropractic Clinic
If you or a family member is struggling with a sports injury, contact the Allie Chiropractic Clinic at (651) 487-5334 to schedule an appointment and get back in the game as quickly and as naturally as possible.